Tuesday, March 22, 2011

GL: Statistical Journals -- not suppport by journal approval workflow

I saw this question on OAUGnet and thought I'd respond to it...

"Can anyone verify this: In R12 G/L, the seeded Journal Approval workflow (WF) will not route a statistical journal for approval regardless of the journal's source."

Here is what I found in My Oracle Support
MOS [ID 1076823.1]
"Currently Statistical journals do not require approval as per standard functionality.

The only limitation you can make is that you can use the profile option Journals: Mix Statistical and Monetary to prevent STAT and monetary lines on the same journal.
It is not possible to restrict entry of STAT lines by user."

Not really sure I understand how this profile option 'limitation' addresses the issue, but it is there nonetheless... Sometimes support analysts just hate saying "no Oracle doesn't provide that functionality"...

Regards,
Jeffrey T. Hare, CPA CISA CIA
ERP Risk Advisors
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffreythare
send me a linked in request - jhare@erpra.net

1 comment:

Jeffrey T. Hare, CPA CISA CIA said...

Mark - no problem.

Regards,
Jeffrey T. Hare, CPA CISA CIA